SEED Viewer Annotation Page
- This page offers access to the data relating to a feature. By default the Overview version of the page
- is initially displayed providing the feature's function assignment, source organism, the role it performs
- in a subsystem, and a graphic displaying it's genomic context. If this feature's function is associated with one
- or more functional roles, each functional role's name will be displayed and linked to a SEED Viewer Functional Role page.
- A part of a feature's function that is not also a functional role is NOT linked.
- If this feature is included in a subsystem detailed information about this feature's role or roles in one or more subsystems is provided in a shaded box
- at the top of the page on the right. The functional role names and subsystem names are linked to the
- SEED Viewer Functional Role page and the SEED Viewer Subsystem page.
- In the graphic each line represents a different genome. The genome of the feature that is the subject of this page
- is on the first line with the subject feature in red and centered in a 16kb window. Features on the same line that have
- a gray shadow are functionally coupled to the subject feature. Features in different genome that share the same color or
- number are similar. Clicking 'Diverse Genomes' will change the genomes in the graphic to a set that is more phylogentically
- distant to the subject feature's genome.
- If there are no close genomes only a single line for the subject feature's genome will be present.
- If no data for diverse genomes has been computed a message saying so will be be displayed.
- From the green bar at the top of page, selecting the 'This Protein' menu will give the user the choice of viewing the
- this feature's DNA sequence, DNA with flanking sequence or amino acid sequence.
- From the green bar at the top of the page, selecting the 'Tools' menu will give the user the choice of the following tools
- to analyze this feature:
- Gram negative PSORT
- Gram negative SignalP
- Gram positive PSORT
- Gram positive SignalP
- Gram negative CELLO
- Gram positive CELLO
- This menu list links to sources of literature discussing this specific feature. Currently PubMed is the only source.